EFI Flashing: Can’t Read Flash Chip - Need Help

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 3 months ago #9213 by JayMac87
Hello Everyone.
I am trying to Flash The EFI Chip in my late 2012 MacBook Pro 13”. EMC - 2554. Model Number - A1278.

I Am Using A Raspberry 3 Model B, 10cm Female To Female GPIO

wires, SOIC8 Clip and I have followed Ghostlyhaks instructions on flashing the EFI.

I used to following comment:
Sudo Flashrom -r /efi/read1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0

I have gotten the response back that says: Found Generic Flash Chip “unknown SPI Chip (RDID)” (0 kB, SPI) === this flash part has status NOT WORKING for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE. The test status of this check may have been updated in the latest development version of Flashrom. If you are running the latest development version, please email the report to if any of the above operations work correctly for you with this flash chip. Please include the flashrom log file for all operations you tested ( see the main page for details ), and mention which mainboard what program are you tested in the subject line. Thanks for your help. READ IS NOT WORKING ON THIS CHIP. ABORTING.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #10088 by mild7nrg
I've flashed over a hundred macs with my pi and lately I have encountered the same issue. Did you get this resolved by chance?

More
5 years 7 months ago #10415 by VIPER_GE
Sudo Flashrom -r /efi/read1.bin -c ''MX25L6405" -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0

VIPER_GE

More
4 years 4 months ago #11735 by MeaganArky
Hi...I've noticed that every single machine with faulty SPI ROM that I had also had a bad RAM Bank!
When I think about it it makes sense. The faulty RAM writes back some strange bits and this fucks up the SPI ROM!
This will most likely happen if you try to update your system.On Mac Pros you can just change the RAM stick bun on Airs the changing is trickier since the chips are soldered on the board.
I recently had some success changing a hynix chip on a Air.

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies