Raspberry PI 3 apple efi help

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 11 months ago #3103 by imcool
so I just bought this rapsberry pi 3 and I have never used Raspberry pi before, I have only worked with PIC microcontrollers. Anyways, please tell me in details

1. How do I setup raspberry PI ?

2. Pinouts for Raspberry pi 3 to connect it with EFI chip. (I am very good at soldering)

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3104 by CygnusX1

imcool wrote: so I just bought this rapsberry pi 3 and I have never used Raspberry pi before, I have only worked with PIC microcontrollers. Anyways, please tell me in details

2. Pinouts for Raspberry pi 3 to connect it with EFI chip. (I am very good at soldering)

Thank you

First, install Raspbian. Then follow the post ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/207-flashrom-install-on-a-raspberry-pi

If I helped you buy me a latte!
The following user(s) said Thank You: imcool

More
7 years 11 months ago #3105 by imcool

CygnusX1 wrote:

imcool wrote: so I just bought this rapsberry pi 3 and I have never used Raspberry pi before, I have only worked with PIC microcontrollers. Anyways, please tell me in details

Thank you

First, install Raspbian. Then follow the post ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/207-flashrom-install-on-a-raspberry-pi

after this where to head in for hardware connectivity? and where is information for raspberri pi 3?

Thank you

More
7 years 11 months ago #3106 by CygnusX1

imcool wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

Thank you

Depends on which clip you use. Unless you are going to solder.

after this where to head in for hardware connectivity? and where is information for raspberri pi 3?

Thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: imcool, v11

More
7 years 11 months ago #3107 by CygnusX1

CygnusX1 wrote:

imcool wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

Thank you

Depends on which clip you use. Unless you are going to solder.

Thank you

First, go here and get Raspbian Jessie --> downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest
Then do the update to Jessie
sudo apt-get update
Then do the upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade
Then install the Flashrom. Follow these instructions,. ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/207-flashrom-install-on-a-raspberry-pi

PM me if you have more questions.

The following user(s) said Thank You: imcool, v11

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3117 by imcool
I have completed all steps up to that unblacklist conf file. where to head now?

Where to find connection info for IC and rasp??
Please advice, see the images attached.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by imcool.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3118 by thaGH05T
What do you mean? What is the issue you are having now? Did you watch the video and follow the tutorial?
The following user(s) said Thank You: imcool

More
7 years 11 months ago #3119 by imcool
I want to connect IC to raspberry, I dont know which wire of IC goes where in rapsberry PI. also the video uses an adapter. I dont have any adapter. thank you

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3121 by .::iRizwan::.
here are the pinouts.
don't be confused with colors.
just focus on pin numbers.
top picture courtesy of a forum member,sorry forget the name but anways...

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .::iRizwan::..
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1, imcool

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3122 by imcool
I will connect after a while and post the update. Thank you very much for digging that picture out. I have repped you +1
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by imcool.

More
7 years 1 week ago #6805 by teknisyan
i just saw this thread . can you help me choose which is best raspberry tool version to buy thanks guys

More
6 years 6 months ago #8484 by MrCrispy
I used a raspi 2. Have been successful with 4 different macbooks so far. The first 3 i used the clip, and the latest one I did was a macbook air 2015. That one i had to use the easy flash adapter v4.03, and disconnected the battery of the macbook while the power adapter was connected, otherwise I was getting bad reads from the chip. Make sure you take multiple reads and verify the hashes all match using md5 or Sha before editing the firmware dump with hexedit. Follow the tutorial on this site and you should be fine. Try to learn as much as possible about spi programming and how it works and it will help you to be successful.

Who's Online

We have 214 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies