Mid 2017 A1707 emc 3162

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 2 months ago #9149 by CygnusX1
I am trying to change the serial number on this new Mac so I need to know if any serial number will do or is there a algorithm to the serial numbers when it hits the Apple server.

Thanks Guys!

If I helped you buy me a latte!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #9166 by Ghost3DO
Replied by Ghost3DO on topic Mid 2017 A1707 emc 3162
I have one machine this in Hands... to change SN :D But i not find a state to read and write Windbond. ehhehhe i need to desolder. Do you find the state to read or write.
I think if Only change SN... apple can track hardware machine. If you change SSN, UDID must be correct or paired, Bad UDID not possible to activate imessage or facetime :D

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #11279 by aCatchyUserName
So, I'm a little bit confused... I don't think its the UDID that will break, unless its something other than the Hardware UUID in System Report.

I have a dump with a clean ME region. I changed the MLB serial and the serial in the fsys block to MLB_SERIAL_NUMBER and SERIALNUMBER. before I flashed, I booted with the unmodified bios and set up a TouchID fingerprint, to try for a worst case situation. 

I flashed the modified, cleaned bios to my unit... and to my surprise, everything still works! even with the Hardware UUID completely different. I was also able to add a fingerprint. 

It would be nice to know if my cleaned dump will work on another unit, and since I cant find a single dump online, and I don't have another unit at my disposal, there is no way to test cross compatibility. If anyone is willing to try, I would like to know.

I'll attach photos to show where I removed my info, so you can enter yours.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by aCatchyUserName.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 512 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies