HP Chromebook 11 G5

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 3 months ago #9276 by bigsam731
Hello All. Not sure if anyone can help or if I'm posting this in the right place. I have about 7 Chromebook that has enterprise enrollment on it. I tried get in developer mode on them but they always give me this message "this device owner has disabled developer mode on this device, the system will reboot in verified mode". So what i did was read the chip, modified the serial number, write it back and I was able to get rid of the enterprise enrollment. All worked except this HP G5 which for some reason did not. It does, however, have 2 winbond chips on it. I do have both .bin files if anyone is willing to look at them and see what I need to do to get rid of the enrollment. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #9330 by KingBonecrusher
Replied by KingBonecrusher on topic HP Chromebook 11 G5
Hi!

There is a tool called "gbb_utility". You can set some flags with this tool into the dump. One flag is to force dev mode. Second method is to flash a original bios from mrchromebox. You need the correct name, written in the white screen. Something like: Falco, Link etc...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by KingBonecrusher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0E800

More
4 years 2 months ago #11859 by ordinateur
Replied by ordinateur on topic HP Chromebook 11 G5
Can you share which tool to use to read the firmware and which tool to use to change the serial inside the firmware? I have 2 HP G4 and G5 chromebooks that I bought as used but both of them are Device enrolled and don't let me disable the device enrollment feature. Thanks

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 202 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies