Lenovo T530 bios password

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 6 months ago #1593 by zenelli
I have unlocked the bios password for a lenovo T530,
i was wondering if somebody can see what the password was because the hdd is also locked with ata password and i'm 100% for sure its the same password as for the bios. I used hex converters but there comes nothing goods out
The password hex begins by 0x310, 0x320 is the same. i've make both of them in zero's and wrote the dump back and its working.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1601 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic Lenovo T530 bios password
You made them 0's or ff? Also I would need you to dump the HDD firmware to get you that password. There may be a way to unlock it from the TTY header...

More
8 years 6 months ago #1609 by zenelli
Replied by zenelli on topic Lenovo T530 bios password

thaGH05T wrote: You made them 0's or ff? Also I would need you to dump the HDD firmware to get you that password. There may be a way to unlock it from the TTY header...

Honestly i used i tool to remove the password from bin and creating a new password thats known
see this kornatya.blogspot.nl/2011/10/i2c-projekt-vol3.html?showComment=1417911091378

the hdd is a toshiba with a firmware from lenovo, and what i heared from other tech guys is i can't use the terminal to read the firmware because the firmware blocks acces to rx and tx pins from hdd.
So i can't read the firmware without expensive tools like pc-3000
But maybe this software can read if somebody can hack it :) www.sediv.net/index.php?view=downloads

More
8 years 5 months ago #1627 by thaGH05T
Ok, well you have the knowledge to just read the chip itself now so hook up to that chip and dump it and get back to us so we can pick it apart.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1628 by thaGH05T
Also can you zip up a copy of the tool you used and place it on the forum here for future users.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1635 by zenelli
Replied by zenelli on topic Lenovo T530 bios password
Here is the tool I used for removing the password.
If you want the bios dump then its over because the laptop was from an customer,
he gived me the locked hdd, so I thought maybe I can unlock it if I know what the supervisor password was from the bios.
the password is there on the eeprom dump I attachet before but Lenovo uses passphrase so I can't reverse engineer it but I thought someone else from this forum it can ;)
Attachments:

More
8 years 5 months ago #1640 by thaGH05T
I was saying you can interface with the chip on the HDD control board.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 556 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies