Macbook Air A1465 (EMC 2631) 820-3435-B firmware update guidance

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #10964 by Andromeda
Hi All,

I have a friends macbook air 11" (Early 2014) with a failed SSD. They can't afford Apples' prices, so want to opt for a non-Apple SSD. But Apple being Apple makes life difficult!!

I am trying to see if I can update to BIOS firmware(Mojave) using one of the files provided in the packages.pkg, but the MBA61 files are all SCAP. I normally work on PC's, so am familiar with manufacturers securely encapsulating BIOS's, i.e. .CAP. Using UEFITool, I can open my BIOS and browse, and I can open the MBA71 because it's an .fd file, but the .SCAPs do seem encapsulated. Is there any tool to un-encapsulate?

I have dumped the current BIOS to file using Flashrom and SPIpgm, and checked that I have a stable copy using HxD's compare. On the Mac in hardware overview the ROM version is 110.0.0, and the SMC is 2.12f143.

Is a direct firmware update even possible? - I can do this on PC's, using for example FD44 editor, to edit a fresh blank BIOS before flashing.

I am already aware of the serial number found under the "override-version" section using HxD. And the need for a clean ME region. But these SCAP files seem to be a stumbling point?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Andromeda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #10967 by Andromeda
Ok, F^ck it!

If I'm not mistaken, I'm on the latest firmware!?!
I found this firmware repository on Github:
github.com/gdbinit/firmware_vault/tree/master/EFI/MacBookAir
And the latest firmware was from High Sierra 10.13..5, and the firmware was only 107; MBA61_0107_B00.scap.

More
5 years 1 month ago #11065 by Andromeda
Ok, I have a BIOS dump that works with the latest Jetdrive 850 SSD if anyone wants a copy:-)

No further help required with original topic subject, although none was given:-S

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #11110 by Andromeda
BIOS file available here:
mega.nz/#!C2YkUQAC!ehKPbpgeJRPplGzckQ2-QlpmF0WSTxwNLLo-pgHm0DA
open it in HxD and search for text-string 'YOURSERIALHE' and replace that text with your serial number.
Don't forget to clean the ME region as per articles found here on Ghostlyhacks. I am not responsible for you bricking your device.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Andromeda. Reason: typo

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #11170 by iamrobin007
Hi,
Can you help me with the efi dump of Macbook Air 11 A1465 EMC 2631 (Mid 2013) with latest Mac OS (Higher than High Sierra)? I am using nvme ssd drive and my bios being old, I can install High Sierra on ssd but it wont detect in boot. I need the latest dump with cleared ME region . My BIOS serial is C02LQ5Q3F5N8
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by iamrobin007.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 657 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies