Eeprom locations or generator for a Dell E5450

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2493 by lxx33
Yesterday I received a dell E5450 that have a service tag which ends on IF66.
Apparently for this suffix bios there is no calculator to grab from a download, even when some websites can generate the master password for a large amount of money.

After opening the Dell i'd hoped to read the eeprom, and hopefully dump the contents here :), but there are many many chips that look very similar.
Have somebody here read the eprom of this dell, and can tell me which chip on the mainboard it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2496 by thaGH05T
Best thing to do is post HD pics of top and bottom side for us to look at. BTW, have you been dealing with the Dell BIOS/UEFI very long? I know I have seen a few recent posts and commits regarding similar. There is another post for a Dell Exxxx in ROM, EEPROM, BIOS, EFI, UEFI subcategory. If you do not mind, would you please offer a bit of support to the person?

Every time I look into a BIOS/EFI/UEFI password I start from the ground up, and I know most of you are looking for a solution and not really "the why factor". So, you guys may know of a generator as mentioned in this post to help.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2497 by lxx33
Hi Ghost,

I think i have wednesday I have a nice camera to post some quality pictures.
For me this bios password is not really a problem, because I can install it with swapping the harddrive.
I'm a post recently a question about the Dell generator, but that was just out of curiosity. Now I finally received one with a bios password and just want to explore everything. Of course I will support the other person. Also last time when a user on this forum pushed me in the right direction regarding Rpi and a clip, I supported him.
I'm indeed also looking for the solution and not the why factor. Following your clear steps are sometimes even to hard for me, because i'm not skilled in programming , electronics ect.ect. Just a simply guy that lack the knowledge you guys have. But nevertheless I really appreciate you the rest that of all the people here, finding a solution to some difficult problems.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 185 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies