Obtaining the chip datasheet for MBP.

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 1 month ago #2625 by NastyNate
Hello I was trying to obtain the chip datasheet for Macbook Pro EMC 2512 , A1398. But the chip letters are so small I can't read them. I even tried to take a picture with my smartphone and I still can't see the letters. Hopefully anyone can lead me to the right direction so I won't fry the eprom :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2626 by CygnusX1
Which MBP do you have? Is it the I7 2.3 - 2.6 or the 2.7? Which programmer are you using?

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by CygnusX1.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2628 by NastyNate
I really don't know which one it is and also the programmer I'm going to use is the Raspberry Pi 2.

EDIT: All i see from the back is EMC 2512 , Model A1398. I was thinking about backing yp the original bios firmware and then try the ones that's on this website and If it corrupts i'll just write the original bios firmware back on the chip. But the problem is that the chip letters are so small I can't read them any order to get the right instructions so I won't fry the eprom by accident :(
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by NastyNate.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2629 by CygnusX1
Read the chip and post the dump here in a zip format and I will clean it for you. You won't fry anything.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2631 by NastyNate

CygnusX1 wrote: Read the chip and post the dump here in a zip format and I will clean it for you. You won't fry anything.

Can I come back next week? I have my Raspberry Pi 2 on the way (Shipped to my house) and Also one other thing.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pomona-5250-test-clip-for-SOIC-8-Pin-SOP-EEPROM-24-25-93CXX-93C46-ICSP-F-F-USA-/181541352406?hash=item2a44b533d6:g:4BYAAOxyvuVSHUOT

is that test clip perfect I remember reading something on the forums stating that it had to be less than "20cm" but is 20cm just enough?

More
8 years 1 month ago #2632 by CygnusX1
Yes, that is the only SOIC clip you would want to use. Be sure to look over this tutorial so you will have a good grasp of the process.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NastyNate

More
8 years 1 month ago #2633 by NastyNate

CygnusX1 wrote: Yes, that is the only SOIC clip you would want to use. Be sure to look over this tutorial so you will have a good grasp of the process.

Thank you so much for your help I will report back once I have the dump file.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 491 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies