MBP won't turn on after EFI flash

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 1 month ago #2895 by lumpy26
Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.9 13" Mid-2012 2.9 GHz Core i7 (I7-3520M) A1278 (EMC 2554), the serial number is C1MK3HNNDTY4 and the mother board is 820-2565-A.

I recently bought a SOFI SP8 programmer and i extract the data, delete the password and re-flash but now the MBP won't turn on, the fan start a second and stop.

Any ideas ? I thinks the problem is the file have not the same size : 8 388 608 octets for the raw and 8 388 610 for the modified file.

The *.bin with password and the *.bin without password :

File Attachment:

File Name: bin.zip
File Size:8,115 KB

Thx in advance
P.S. : Sorry for my english, is not my native language.

Lumpy26
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2897 by CygnusX1

lumpy26 wrote: Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.9 13" Mid-2012 2.9 GHz Core i7 (I7-3520M) A1278 (EMC 2554), the serial number is C1MK3HNNDTY4 and the mother board is 820-2565-A.

I recently bought a SOFI SP8 programmer and i extract the data, delete the password and re-flash but now the MBP won't turn on, the fan start a second and stop.

Any ideas ? I thinks the problem is the file have not the same size : 8 388 608 octets for the raw and 8 388 610 for the modified file.

The *.bin with password and the *.bin without password :

File Attachment:

File Name: bin.zip
File Size:8,115 KB

Thx in advance
P.S. : Sorry for my english, is not my native language.

Lumpy26

That is definitely the wrong size. Do you have the original dump file? If so, post it here and I will clean it up for you.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 1 month ago #2898 by lumpy26
Yes the original is in the zip in my first message, it's the file "raw.bin".

Thx

More
8 years 1 month ago #2899 by cyber16
Try this
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #2900 by CygnusX1

lumpy26 wrote: Yes the original is in the zip in my first message, it's the file "raw.bin".

Thx

The sizes looked the same to me except the one that said password removed, really didn't have it removed. I added one called "cleaned.bin". Give that one a try.

Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #2901 by lumpy26
Thx for the *.bin, but now I have another problem ...

A can't read the chip on the mother board, any ideas ?

But i can read and flash a chip when she is not on the mother board (with the sofi-sp8).

Thx

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2910 by thaGH05T
It looks like you need to unplug power from the Mac.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2916 by lumpy26
I tried with the battery pluged on the motherboard and i have disassembled the motherboard and the result is the same, i have the same error with and without the battery pluged.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2922 by thaGH05T
The error I see from the application is voltage. You need to find out what needs to be done.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2924 by lumpy26
OK, but i don't understand why i have this error when the battery is unplugged.
Did you have an ideas why i can do ? there is another battery on the mother board ?

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2926 by CygnusX1

lumpy26 wrote: OK, but i don't understand why i have this error when the battery is unplugged.
Did you have an ideas why i can do ? there is another battery on the mother board ?

I also have tried a sofi-sp8 and always got the same message. That is why I don't use a sofi-sp8. I always use the Raspberry Pi and I have very few issues with flashing. I use a Pi2 and the Pi 3.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2951 by thaGH05T
It looks like something in line with the chip is causing sophi to stop operations because of a voltage overload. it is likely a safety feature.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2966 by CygnusX1

lumpy26 wrote: OK, but i don't understand why i have this error when the battery is unplugged.

I have done a few where I boot the MacBook, close the lid, flip it over and try to read and program it that way. It has worked for me in the past. I don't know why but it has.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #3004 by lumpy26
I plug the adaptator, flip the MBP motherboard but i have the same error.

I have tried with Windows XP and i have the same error

I don't know what to do now ...

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #3013 by thaGH05T
Use a pi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #3016 by CygnusX1

lumpy26 wrote: I plug the adaptator, flip the MBP motherboard but i have the same error.

I have tried with Windows XP and i have the same error

I don't know what to do now ...

Power supply by programmers Power supplied to target boards by programmers, with voltage 3.3V or 5V (Set in the operation options in FlyPRO). In this mode, programmers will send messages of supply conflicts if they detect the existence of power in target boards. Programmers have the function to detect over-current. In power supply to target boards, current is limited to 250mA, above which, over-current protection occurs. If the target boards' load current exceeds 250mA, please choose "power self-supply by target boards". Power self-supply by target boards In this mode, programmers don't supply power to target boards. SP8 programmers support target boards with voltage 2.7V~5.5V. Type driven voltage of ISP adjusts to the VCC voltage of target boards. Declaration In either supply mode, target board's VCC must be connected to the second pin of the ISP interface. Keep impending the pins not used, and don't connect them to any information from target boards. After programming, all ISP interfaces present high-impedance except VCC and GND. In application, only connect any of the GND pins 4, 6, 8, 10 to target board.

I hope this gives you some insight!

Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by CygnusX1.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4472 by bryantzzky
Hi also have the same problem and the worst part is I don't have the original bin file anymore. Is there by any chance that there is a way to fix this. I would really appreciate it if anybody could give me an advice to solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4473 by reverendalc
have you checked the firmware repository?

ALWAYS ensure you've got a good read, and keep a backup of the file.

always.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4619 by Karl_Watson_10154095972816743
Can you please check my dumps? Thankyou :)

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4620 by Karl_Watson_10154095972816743
I have a 2014 13" Macbook pro. I pram reset it and it is still hanging halfway although it did start talking and saying

" if you wish to use english, press enter now " lol

Thankyou
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Karl_Watson_10154095972816743.

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 424 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies