MBP A1278 Successfully flashed but now needs pin

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4267 by thatsmeallover
Hi,

Firstly, a HUGE thanks to THAGHO5T for the flashing instructions in the blog here. You're an absolutely legend! Donation to your project coming shortly, just need to get the this MBP sorted out.

I've successfully flashed an Early 2011 MBPs using your instructions, but have come unstuck with an A1278 i5.

So far I've followed the flashing instructions (using the image from the efi repository) and this appears to have removed the firmware password as I can now boot from USB. However I'm now being prompted for a system lock pin code (4-pin). Would I be correct to think this means it's locked from the cloud?

To clarify, when I turn the MB on I get the flashing folder. If I insert the bootable USB, I get the pin security lock screen (this has the apple logo with a message asking for the code and 4 input boxes. Menu options are File, Edit, Utilities and Window). The MBP currently has a formatted hard drive with no OSX installed.

I've had a quick google for ideas, but since the information here has proved to be reliable I'd rather see if anyone has any suggestions?

Would appreciate your thoughts!
Cheers, Gemma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4268 by CygnusX1
Try to clear the PRAM.

Resetting NVRAM

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Let me know how that goes.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thatsmeallover

More
7 years 8 months ago #4269 by thatsmeallover
Cygnusx1 - You're my new favourite person!

Worked a treat. Who knew it could be so simple :-)

More
7 years 8 months ago #4270 by CygnusX1

thatsmeallover wrote: Cygnusx1 - You're my new favourite person!

Worked a treat. Who knew it could be so simple :-)

Thanks man! That is ehat I'm here for! :)

If I helped you buy me a latte!

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 600 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies