Help using SMCFlasher on 2012 MBP 15"

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #11638 by wilnel
I have a mid 2012 15inch macbook pro 9,1. I was trying to use this smcflasher to just reset the smc, yes I have tried all the usual ways to reset the smc but the time and calendar never changer so I know it hasn't taken place. I tried  using the flasher for 1,1 to 2,1 because I am told there are hardware protections and someone has used hexedit on this flasher to remove them. and tells me its in the wrong Appmode code and it freezes up. Its probably understandable since I suppose this flasher was made for much older macs. So I pullled the flash from the smcupdate from apple for my particular model, it still tells me wrong appmode code but it doesnt freeze up. I would suspect I'd have to hex edit the hardware protection out of this flasher.
1) problem is this version is a lot bigger and are the protections in the same areas
2) i followed directions on another thread and attempted changing the values I then attempted to save it hexedit gave me an error that it couldnt save it.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by wilnel. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 483 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies