Another issue with MBA 13" Early 2014

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
3 years 10 months ago #12066 by ryan
Hi again.
This time I did something really stupid and the situation is as follows. Using a ch341a I was able to read and create a bin, which I accidentally deleted. I tried to write the dump I found in the repository, but it seems there are bit locks. Result: can't erase the chip, and any attempt of writing another dump results in a mismatch. The mba is therefore silent, no chime, no logo, just spinning fans for some seconds.
My question: is there a way of getting past this problem and finally erase the damn thing? Btw, it's a Micron 25LQ064

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #12082 by drgn997
You probably need a better programmer that can access the status bits (to disable write protection), but before doing so, try this "alternative" CH341A software. I'm including the EXE installer and the ZIP file of installed CH341A software.
Once installed run it,  below second menu option CHIP, click that button until it says "FLASH 25_xx", either manually select chip or use "Detect chip". Then on menu opcion CHIP, the last option it's "STATUS REGISTER", check what's there and attach a screenshot.

NOTE: If program language is other than english and not readable, then use last menu option (Settings),  first option (Language) and select English.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by drgn997.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 551 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies