raspberry pi sudo make command error

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 4 months ago #5911 by JMTECH
I have been trying to bypass this problem in many ways. I have had people direct me and yet still no luck. Currently, I find myself setting up a raspberry pi following the steps described on this link:

" ghostlyhaks.com/blog/apple-efi/18-how-to-hack-apple-efi-2 "
when I get to the step where I am supposed to execute the " SUDO MAKE " command it prints this error message:

" pi@raspberrypi:~/flashrom $ sudo make To produce useful version information the build process needs access to the commit history from an upstream repository. If no git remote is pointing to one we can store the necessary information out of sight and update it on every build. To enable this functionality and fetch the upstream commits from flashrom.org/git/flashrom.git please execute 'git config flashrom.offline-builds false' or add one of the upstream repositories as git remote to rely on that information. However, if you want to work completely offline and generate possibly meaningless version strings then disable it with 'git config flashrom.offline-builds true' You can force updating the local commit cache with './util/getrevision.sh --forced-update' Makefile:535: *** Aborting. Stop.

then I follow what the error directs you to do, but this prints:

pi@raspberrypi:~/flashrom $ git config flashrom.offline-builds false
" error: could not lock config file .git/config: Permission denied "

Any help please thank you in advanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5919 by reverendalc
You need to make sure you're getting all the USB lib taken care of first

More
7 years 3 months ago #5944 by negon

reverendalc wrote: You need to make sure you're getting all the USB lib taken care of first

^ This was my issue.

I ran into exactly the same problem and therealjayvi ran a few commands and got it up and going. As far as I can tell, he had to try a few different libusb versions till it worked. This *may* be the issue, and the tutorial may need to be updated if this is a common thing. I'll go back and look through my log and see if I can find the libusb version he installed that made it work.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5945 by negon
OK, try these:

sudo apt-get install libftdi-dev

sudo apt-get install libusb-dev

sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0

sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0

Then cd back to the flashrom folder, as outlined in the tutorial, then try "sudo make" and "sudo make install"

More
7 years 3 months ago #5946 by shammiehands
I had the same issue. Installing GIT solved the issue for me.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5961 by reverendalc

More
7 years 3 months ago #6090 by texasnewbie2016
JNTECH....hope this help...I was having the same exact issue, so I went back and re run all the commands starting at sudo apt-get dist-upgrade...this time around there were even more updates to download, which I let it, followed the other commands again, but of course they were already installed. When I got to the error message again ( raspberry pi sudo make command error) that you are having I ran the propose command:

git config flashrom.offline-builds false; but this time I made sure "sudo" was there, I forgot doing it last time, and it took: "sudo make" and sudo make install"

sudo git config flashrom.offline-builds false

I am newbie at this, so Im slowly learning as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: reverendalc

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies