Some Help with MBA adapter

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 2 months ago #6005 by SomeGuy
I understand this is not the MBA adapter from this site but i have already bought the tool on here the Destroyer but until it comes in i had to use any tools i could find and i have been successful in reading and unlocking the efi pw's on MBP. This MBA is giving me a hard time i got the rainbow colors connected correctly but the SP8 i have won't read it maybe i don't even have the right chip selected. I can't find out the exact chip i have for my MBA A1465 could someone tell me what chip and what i might be doing wrong... The person i bought it from offers no support on it at all i wished i wouldn't of even bought anything from him since he can't even tell me anything about his own MBA clip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6008 by reverendalc
ok let's start with:

photo of wires at rebel clip
photo of wires at programmer
photo of clip orientation on MacBook MLB
which position(s) have you tried with the switch?

your chip should be macronix MX25L6406E

More
7 years 2 months ago #6013 by SomeGuy
Replied by SomeGuy on topic Some Help with MBA adapter
Hello this is the MBA not pro the chip you mentioned is for the pro ? Here is a picture of the clip with wires connected and I put switch in left position that is all he told me out it in left position and connect each color as picture shows
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6014 by reverendalc
No all of the EFI chips from macronix and winbond are available in SOIC8 or WSON8 packages... furthermore they're for the most part interchangeable. They're all 25 series 8mb chips.

For further assistance please provide the photos I requested.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6019 by reverendalc
Which year and EMC is your MBA?

If it's 2014 or older, try:
Battery+MagSafe connected
Battery only (fully charged)
MagSafe only
Neither connected

If it's 2015+ we will try some other things

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6020 by SomeGuy
2014 MacBook Air Model A1465, EMC 2631

"flashing tools being used"

Rebel Easy Flash MBA Clip
Cheap SP8 Programmer
Flypro Flashing software

I have clip connected to MB diagnostic port as pictures show also have all cables connected as pictures show tried the chip select that I was told to try MX25L6406E "WSON8" ...

Error message comes up on both selected chips. I can't get it to read. I have the programmer plugged into USB port I was worried about trying to power it on while plugged up because I have never done it before. I have only unlocked 1 Mac and that was my 2012 MBP.

Thanks for any advice. I have already ordered the Destroyer thanks to Reverendalc for helping me out and letting me get his.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by SomeGuy.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6021 by reverendalc
have you tried all of the battery/magsafe positions?
try power cycling the mac and then connecting.

is there a pinout available for the SP8 socket that the rainbow harness plugs into?

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6022 by SomeGuy
Power Cycling it you mean turning it off and back on while connected? There is no pin out that I know of for the actual sp8 pins but the colored wires diagram I sent does show which one each is coming of, he does have a picture of 8 pins for a diagram but that is for the actual efi chip for MacBook Pro etc..

Will I ruin anything leaving the MacBook on while trying to read it I am not even sure if his clip works he has never posted a video of doing a MBA just the MBP. For some reason he has never posted a video showing the MBA easy flash clip work and he claims I don't need any extra power source except to plug in the power usb cord etc from sp8.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by SomeGuy.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6023 by reverendalc
That clip is designed for the MBA. During the rigorous efidL testing I have done MANY MacBooks while powered on even WITH vcc connected. Many Macs died, but none from that (-:

I would recommend doing the boot up and shutdown prior to connecting the clip anyway. His power source statement is probably mostly accurate. 2A is recommended but I strictly use a 1A power brick which powers my raspberry pi as well as the SPI interface.

With a multimeter test for continuity between each pin on the side header and each pin in the chip socket. Maybe they're both always on?

More
7 years 2 months ago #6035 by SomeGuy
Can I buy this raspberry and use it with this MBA clip and it will work better ??
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6036 by reverendalc
Hmmm. I think your hardware is capable of getting the job done. It's just a matter of hardware and software experience and available support.

I use a raspberry pi 2 model b. It was about half that price and it works flawlessly.

Not to mention the raspberry pi can do so much more...

More
7 years 2 months ago #6043 by SomeGuy
I believe the hardware I have will work just don't have the right software to read header basically I can only read chips. Can anyone help me to read the header??? i am ordering the pi 3 raspberry. I am also ordering more tools the more i have the better off ill be

More
7 years 2 months ago #6044 by reverendalc
Why don't you try pulling the wires off the Pomona and sticking them on the clip? Then you'll have the clip connected to the chip socket, and that should work if the header is the problem.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6055 by SomeGuy
Hello no way to clip Pomona to chip so I am confused?? its a MBA doesn't have a way to clip anything to board

More
7 years 2 months ago #6056 by reverendalc
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6057 by SomeGuy
I'll look into that I'm not sure which wires to attach to clip and I don't want to short anything out

More
7 years 2 months ago #6058 by reverendalc

Here are the wires from a Pomona clip. Pay attentions n to the orientation dot, then remove wires one at a time and connect them to the rebelsimcard clip.
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6065 by SomeGuy
Hello they're only 6 needles on this rebelsimcard MBA adapter

More
7 years 2 months ago #6066 by reverendalc
right. all pins will resolve except WP and HOLD. those are simple 3.3v lines and are likely joined inside the clip

More
7 years 2 months ago #6067 by SomeGuy
It willl not read it because it's looking for all 8 wires and chip pins however it does show the chip now and shows me the 2 pins that are not connected which are the wp and hold etc what can I do??
Attachments:

Who's Online

We have 444 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies