ipads

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago #4644 by mtronmeta
ipads was created by mtronmeta
Is it possible to remove icloud locks from ipads with the raspberry pi?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4645 by therealjayvi
Replied by therealjayvi on topic ipads
If you want to have your iPad unlocked send me a PM I do instant remote unlocks for any apple product besides iPhone and 3G/4G/LTE iPads

More
7 years 7 months ago #4647 by mtronmeta
Replied by mtronmeta on topic ipads
Thanks for the info though I'm interested to know if there is a way to physically remove it with the pi similar to how to macbooks are done. I've seen a few devices that are built for it but I'm interested in doing it with the pi thanks.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4648 by therealjayvi
There are devices that can remove iCloud from various iDevices but the majority of publicly available tools and software are either only for lower iOS versions or specific older devices (iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4) or are just a ruse to try and entice people to download a 1-click solution for "iCloud Bypass". Using RPi won't work the same as it does on mac products because iPads and iPhones don't use EEPROM they use NAND which require an entirely different set of necessities and skill sets. If you'd ever like to know what is possible and what is not possible (unless you're a dev, of course) feel free to ask me. I definitely do not claim to know everything, nor do I claim to be the best or even good when it comes to the topic, but I VERY actively do as much research as possible and can prove/disprove a good majority of what is and is not possible using specific methods. There are ways, just know that, but using a pi for iCloud would require an entirely different approach. Look into hosting your own fake Apple signing server and you'll be headed down more the right path if you wanna use your pi. But as of now at least there are no methods that I KNOW OF that use a pi in any similar way to how we do mac products.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtronmeta

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4676 by reverendalc
Replied by reverendalc on topic ipads
yes perhaps, you can find a community of similar net nerds who are knowledgeable about iOS devices.

jayvi is right... there is soooo much bullshit and disinformation about iOS iCloud unlocking online. 99% of search results are scams, malware, etc.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by reverendalc.

• .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
7 years 7 months ago #4680 by .::iRizwan::.
Replied by .::iRizwan::. on topic ipads
iPads can be iCloud unlock by hardware.
iPhones too.
but the expertise and tools required are beyond the normal person's point of interest.
and yes i do all Apple devices iCloud unlock.
by server and by hardware both.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee

More
7 years 7 months ago #4683 by mtronmeta
Replied by mtronmeta on topic ipads

therealjayvi wrote: There are devices that can remove iCloud from various iDevices but the majority of publicly available tools and software are either only for lower iOS versions or specific older devices (iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4) or are just a ruse to try and entice people to download a 1-click solution for "iCloud Bypass". Using RPi won't work the same as it does on mac products because iPads and iPhones don't use EEPROM they use NAND which require an entirely different set of necessities and skill sets. If you'd ever like to know what is possible and what is not possible (unless you're a dev, of course) feel free to ask me. I definitely do not claim to know everything, nor do I claim to be the best or even good when it comes to the topic, but I VERY actively do as much research as possible and can prove/disprove a good majority of what is and is not possible using specific methods. There are ways, just know that, but using a pi for iCloud would require an entirely different approach. Look into hosting your own fake Apple signing server and you'll be headed down more the right path if you wanna use your pi. But as of now at least there are no methods that I KNOW OF that use a pi in any similar way to how we do mac products.

Thank you for the detailed reply I'll do some research on the server hosting. I'm primarily interested in hardware methods probably because of my own misconception that a hardware unlock will result in more solid and permanent unlocks. I had been looking into getting an external NAND reader just not sure which one yet.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4684 by reverendalc
i believe that if we can put a man on the moon, we can hardware unlock an iOS device.

a large part of iOS activation is done server-side by apple (that's my understanding anyway)

even if you were to hardware unlock an iPhone, the next time it connected to apple wouldn't it receive locked status again?

i'm equipped and very willing to try anything hardware related, but i can't find a morsel of information on the inter web.

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #4795 by .::iRizwan::.
What kind of information you need reverendalc?

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .::iRizwan::..

More
7 years 6 months ago #4798 by reverendalc
where the iCloud lock data is stored on the iPhone, how to interface with that chip...

i mean if you've got a hardware unlock method that works we'd all love to know

More
7 years 6 months ago #4799 by zenelli
Replied by zenelli on topic ipads

reverendalc wrote: where the iCloud lock data is stored on the iPhone, how to interface with that chip...

i mean if you've got a hardware unlock method that works we'd all love to know

Wtat i know is for newer iphones you must replace nand chip (hdd) baseband chip and another one to unlock icloud.

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #4800 by .::iRizwan::.
The iCloud and other activation related data is not stored on the iOS device but on Apple Server.
The iPhone, iPad, iPod just verifies from server whether it is eligible for activation or not.
Yes there are hardware methods to bypass that with proper data.
for iPad WiFi Models it is easy, for iPhones and GSM iPads it is not.
GSM iPads can be done easily but you have to sacrifice Sim functionality for it.
for Sim Models from iPad Air2 and above you will also loose WiFi with old method.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .::iRizwan::..

More
7 years 6 months ago #4801 by reverendalc
that is what i know to be true also.

i'm positive that you can not effectively change the activation data on the phone (at least, that won't persist past internet connection), and none of us have access to apple servers...

the trick would be to somehow change the serial number or other identifier to convince apple servers that it's a new device?

i wonder how the apple servers would respond to a home-made serial number?
i know that selfsolve.apple.com recognizes home-made serials

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
More
7 years 6 months ago #4804 by .::iRizwan::.
Not much of a trick but you need specialized tools for that purpose.
i have all the tools and i do by hardware.
to remember it is professional work not for amateurs.
Because of the price point of the tools.
I uploaded some tools photo in another thread.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4805 by reverendalc
your reactivation is by changing sn?

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
More
7 years 6 months ago #4806 by .::iRizwan::.
Yes from working serial database.
Also do properly from apple server too without hardware.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4807 by reverendalc
that was my thought... where does one find a database of good serial numbers lol

i have seen specialty equipment for changing serials

More
7 years 6 months ago #4808 by zenelli
Replied by zenelli on topic ipads

.::iRizwan::. wrote: Yes from working serial database.
Also do properly from apple server too without hardware.

Are the apple servers not look for the serial and the imei number together?
if not so changing serial nr from nand chip will work?

• Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
More
7 years 6 months ago #4809 by .::iRizwan::.
True for sim devices.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4810 by therealjayvi
okay so I just want to add my two cents into this conversation lol.

iRizwan there are a lot of factors about your claimed ability to unlock via hardware and server that I just find very hard to believe. I'm not trying to like call you out or anything but I just would like to point out some key areas about what I've read in this thread that i feel everybody needs to know about to remove any confusion on the topic.

I'm going to separate everything I know into the following categories, and then individualize a set of subcategories for each category. Ipads will sub into WIFI and CELLULAR, and iPhones will sub into HARDWARE and SOFTWARE.

IPAD
WIFI
WiFi only iPads can ONLY be removed via Apple's Servers. No two ways about it. I unlock dozens of these things weekly. You have to know somebody who either works at Apple and has access to GSX, know somebody who has hacked GSX and gained access, or hacked GSX yourself and you have access. Unlocking ANYTHING by just the Serial Number only proves this theory 1000 times over. Hacking GSX is not something that is likely to happen, its a part of Apple's Internal Suite of tools and operations. If by chance you happen to get your hands on a login, chances are its either fake, burned, or soon to be burned. Not every employee with access to GSX has the same power. Some are only allowed to do very little, while others are able to do whatever they want. Suppose you got your hands on one of these admin accounts? Still not going to happen like you think. GSX logins will only allow access via very specific and predetermined IP addresses (they also check things like MAC address, geolocation, OS being used, your computers username, your hard drive serial number, and Im sure much more). Okay, so say you have all of that taken care of, you should be good right? Wrong. They also only allow logins to be accessed from certain times of day. So say you know what time they guy works? Well then you better make sure he's not logged in at the same time that you try to use it to log in (but if it only works during the hours he's at work guarantee that he's logged in and using it) otherwise they will instantly reject and permaban that account and personally investigate why bossman's account has been compromised. Wifi only models cannot be done via hardware.

CELLULAR
Any iPad with a SIM card (sans the iPad Pro because its not like they're not hip to this by now) can be bypassed via hardware method. iRizwan you mention that it takes superior skills and tools? I would have to disagree, this information is all readily available online in multiple places, a single google search for "iCloud bypass iPad mini hardware method" will return more than enough information for somebody to figure it out. There are even hundreds of videos on youtube that show exactly how to do it. As for tools, until recently I have been ridiculously lacking in this department. My weapon of choice for this method was a hair dryer I hijacked from my girlfriend, a couple guitar picks I had laying around, and a sturdy safety pin. Dozens of iPads completed. You are misinformed about the iPad Air 2's and later models losing both WiFI and Cellular data. You are correct in that bypassing iCloud on these models will lose the Cellular functionality though. This is because every single iDevice has a self generated Serial Number that is based off of multiple internal components such as: WiFi MAC address, IMEI, baseband serial number, and a few other components I know that I'm forgetting. When you remove the parts mentioned in these guides (I will be posting detailed guides eventually for all these devices on here for everybody to enjoy) it breaks the SIM functionality of the device. With the IMEI and baseband no longer being a part of the algorithm that generates the devices serial number, it is forced into DFU mode to then generate a NEW and totally unique serial number because no other wifi only iPad is going to have matching MAC address, bluetooth, etc. With a new serial number there is not going to be an iCloud account attached to it, so when you restore the device with the matching wifi only ipsw it becomes a brand new device. Caveats of this are having to tear apart the device which can cause damage, screen breakage (or worse, LCD breakage). For the later models such as Air and Air 2 it DOES break the WiFi as well due to how the device is made, BUT now that there is a jailbreak for all the way up to 9.3.3 all you have to do is jailbreak the device and install the correct Cydia package and the WiFi will be restored. For the iPad Mini's and I believe Air and Air 2 when you remove the resistor your job is not over. You have to then either replace the resistor into another spot, or somehow create a short in place where the resistor would go. Otherwise if you just remove the resistor the device will see itself as either an iPhone or an Apple TV. If you just try to have iTunes restore it with whatever firmware it thinks the device is it will not work.

IPHONE
HARDWARE
There are NO hardware methods like the one used for iPads that can be applied to any iPhone. Period. iPhones more than likely have the same resistors that can be removed and disable the SIM functionality, but you would be stuck with a permanently bricked iPod (if the device even thinks its an iPod at that point). Just like with the iPads where the device will see itself as a different device, it will be stuck in this state, unable to restore because there is no matching firmware to restore over the top of it. You would not be able to just pick an iPod ipsw and flash it over the iPhone(iPod) because of the same reason that the iPad(Apple TV) would not restore with an Apple TV ipsw, there are too many checks that would not pass nor are the iBoot, iBEC, or iBSS the same. The ONLY way of doing any type of hardware bypass would be to physically remove the NAND chip and dump the contents. Removing the NAND chip would allow the entire filesystem contents (even /) to be manipulated however you see fit. iCloud account information is stored in the following files under /var/mobile/library/accounts :Accounts3.sqlite, Accounts3.sqlite.shm and Accounts3.sqlite.wal; as well as the files found in /var/mobile/library/ConfigurationProfiles: ClientTruth.plist and CloudConfigurationDetails.plist. Deleting these files (either via a native filesystem browser on a jailbroken device or via removing the NAND) followed by a reboot will cause the device to have no knowledge of the previous account, but that does NOT mean the Apple's Servers still don't know about it. The very second it connects to the internet it will remember and lock down again. The same methods used to overwrite previous owner information like we do with MacBooks cannot be performed with an iDevice because of this reason, it has to connect to the internet to be able to log in with a new account but the second it connects online it remembers the previous info so its a catch 22. Plus removing the NAND chip and altering the contents still really isn't a bypass since who wants a shiny new iPod 6s with no possibility for internet access, kinda defeats the purpose of owning an apple device. So I'm sorry iRizwan for making this seem again like I'm just calling you out but I really just don't believe you at all when you say you can do it yet have given zero information to backup your claim except for public information readily available on Google.

SOFTWARE
There are multiple methods to bypass iCloud via software. Granted there is not a single program out there (at least not anymore) that is a simple one click solution and magically your bypassed. For Windows users your best bet is to try a "NAND attack" method by a CFW (Custom FirmWare) restoration, but the success with this is VERY limited. The idea behind this lies inside the actual .ipsw files. Ever heard of "keys" for an iDevice? Well an ipsw is basically just a fancy named .zip archive containing everything needed to upgrade the device and perform any communication between device, iTunes and apples servers. Its literally as easy as just renaming an .ipsw to .zip and you're able to extract the contents, but viewing/modifying them is where you need keys. Keys are literally just that, the keys to removing the encryption on the files found within. Keys aren't available for every device, and about 99% of 64-bit devices have no publicly available keys so that rules out anything past the iPhone 5c. But for the files that keys are available for you would just use either Ge0Sn0w's F.C.E 365's Firmware Manager tool or other standalone programs available over at theiphonewiki.com, decrypt the root filesystem .dmg, either delete or patch /Applications/Setup.app, re-encrypt the .dmg and then restore with either llibimobiledevice's idevicerestore.exe or attempt to restore with an older version of iTunes. There are a multitude of checksums that prevent this from happening. So don't expect it to just be that easy, and 99% of devices just flat out will not work on and there really is no data to say which ones work better than others other than 8gb and 16gb storage devices seem to work better. Mac users are pretty much SOL because libimobiledevice doesn't function the same on OS X like it does on Windows. There is a lot to be learned about the CFW method, and if you have an iBoot or Bootrom exploit that you yourself have created then this method is the one for you, but seeing as how nothing like that has become publicly available since the days of the iPhone 4 its not likely to happen any time soon, I'm thankful that Pangu even came out with a JB for up to iOS 9.3.3 and even that took months and months to release something that Apple patched the very next couple of days!

There is only ONE universal way to bypass iCloud that I have ever encountered in the many years I have been looking into this subject (other than like I said knowing someone that has access to GSX), and I can 100% personally confirm the legitimacy of the method because for months I used to send my devices to somebody I met on eBay. I tried for a very, very long time to get in good enough with him to learn his secrets behind it and even though I got some pretty good clues as to his process I still have yet to figure out how to do it. Here's what I know about this method for those who are interested:
-There are 2 types of iCloud lock, and the only way to tell is to have a locked device be restored through iTunes and become locked at the activation screen: devices that say "Please sign in to the previous iCloud account for this device", and devices that say "This device has been lost and erased. Please contact the original owner". The latter of the two cannot be done. This state is achieved when the original owner signs into iCloud.com and says "Lock and Erase". These devices are probably hot anyways so if you have any that say this I would just recommend tossing them.
- The first iOS to introduce iCloud Lock was issued AFTER iOS 6.1. So if someone were able to figure out how to force downgrade a device to accept an iOS 6.1 ipsw then (and this is fact, not theory) the device would not know anything about iCloud lock and report that information to iCloud where it would then be stored. After this all you would have to do is update the device back to whatever currently signed ipsw thats publicly available from Apple and boom, your through.

I've been trying to develop my own method involving the modification of the activation info via apps like WireShark and Fiddler2, then replaying specific packets back into iTunes that would trick it into activating the device. Gadget-Shows has maybe 1 or 2 videos showing this technique but even with as much that is shown in the videos its not as easy as it sounds. My theory behind a working method would involve a combination of libimobiledevice, fiddler2, and packet modification that would allow a successful downgrade via older iTunes such as 12.0 (because later versions are patched, Apple is on their shit when it comes to this topic).

So I apologize again iRizwan but seeing as how you have provided nothing to back up that you know a little about the topic I am going to have to say that you don't know what you're talking about, in of course the nicest and most respectful way possible. And please, by all means, I absolutely invite anybody to prove me wrong. I'm no genius on the subject and have very much to learn myself, so if anybody else has anything to add i would very much love to hear that I'M the one that is misinformed because i've pretty much lost hope in this matter at this point lol

Moderators: token.paul

Who's Online

We have 798 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies